Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ouch that HURT!



Just kidding... well I did prick myself a few times. I always do when I sew LOL. I wanted a break for the night from cards to make a little something I need and for another entry for the Moxie Fab World fun with fabric challenge. I made a few for my craft room for the pins I put on cards and LO's and for needles. So heres my little cushion all stuffed and fluffed:


Recipe:
Fabric: Cosmo Cricket (love their fabric)
Felt: PTI raspberry fizz and white
Other: PTI bloom dies, Needle, Thread

I love the line of fabric from Cosmo Cricket, I have lots of it. I cant wait to use it. This pin cushion is the same basic concept as my fabric flower tutorial but you are going to make the circle at least 5.5" round, you can go bigger too just keep in mind that whatever size your circle is your pincushion will be half that size and also you will stuff it as full as possible. And make sure to use a strong thread to make sure it doesnt break when you pull it closed. Instead of putting a button like on the flower you can add some fun felt cutouts to the top, go crazy with it. Here I used the PTI beautiful blooms flower dies for the top. Love it and its so handy having these around the craft room and you can whip these out in 10 minutes. :) :)

Dont forget ... the challenge closes on Friday at 11:59pm, so hurry and get your card or project in. 

On another personal note, can I please ask for some prayers? My fiances Dad is very ill, hes not doing well at all. He refuses a hospital till he can get his affairs in order. He keeps thinking if he goes in he will never come back out. Hes in really bad shape and his health is heading down hill fast. So I ask could you please say a prayer for him (Jim) that God may put his healing hand on him and ease his pain. If for some reason I dont post this weekend till possibly Sunday that means we probably took him to the hospital. Im praying that he can hold on that long. Thank you kindly.

Many blessings to you! :) :)

21 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

Sooo cute girl! I love the fabric :) I need to do something with my pins too lol!

Irena said...

This is so cute, I like it very much :)
Have a wonderful day!

Lynn said...

Jenny,
Love your pin cushion. Thinking of your fiancee's dad and sending prayers his way.

Karen B. said...

So very cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That pin cushion is GORGEOUS!! LOVE IT!!! And I will have him in my prayers!! {{{hugs}}} :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Heather Rogers said...

SO cute Jenny! I just wathced Martha Stewart the other day and she showed how to make one. I need one too. My mother in law sews and has the prettiest stuff in her sewing room. Every time we go I take quilts and stuff with me. :)

Christina said...

Oh my, this is too cute! Lovely fabric choice!

Barb said...

So sorry to hear about your fiance's father, Jenny! I will for sure add him to my prayers! Love the pin cushion! Just so darling!

Anonymous said...

Love this and the new look of the blog...It just keeps getting cuter :)

I will be keeping him in my prayers♥♥

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That pin cushion is sooooo cuteee!!! Ahh! I love it! You're so creative! :)
Sorry to hear about your fiancé's dad. I know that type of stuff can be very frustrating. :( I'll keep him in my thoughts for ya.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

How cute is that!!!!! Love it! Happy Thursday!

Cassie said...

I love this project!
That fabric is so awesome!!!
Sending good vibes and virtual hugs your way.
=)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Jenny - first your pin cushion is fabulous! Love it, you crafty girl!

2nd, I've got a card for your challenge (yay!) I'll be posting it tonight!

3rd, I'll keep your fiance's dad in my thoughts and prayers!

*hugs*

Court said...

Very cut project!!!

I'm very sorry about your father in law. Hopefully everything will be okay. I did send up some prayers for him and don't worry a little bit about us. We'll be here and still be your fans whenever you post again! Take care of you and yours first.

Unknown said...

Such an adorable project Jenny! And will keep your fiance's dad in my prayers.

Helen F. said...

How cute is this! Love your heart-pin cushion, Jenny.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Adorable pin cushion!

Kristine said...

Hi Jenny :) Very cute li'l pin cushion--I love those cute hearts pins!

And about the banner--I'm sorry! It was just temporary until I had more time to work on a different makeover, which I did today. BTW... LOOOVE your new look! fun colors--great job!

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny, I have a small idea of what you are going through. my daughter and son-in-law went through this in March with his dad who lived all the way in Montana.9he did have a son just an hour away though. His dad is blessed to have you and your fiance close to help him. I will pray for all of you. Remember,Jesus said he would never leave us, so I hope you feel can comfort each other. Judy hayes

Jinny Newlin said...

This is adorable! And that fabric is a keeper!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jenny! Thanks again for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)